Any tips for a first-time investor on Wefunder?
Our advice? Start off slow.
- Expect to lose it all. Never invest more than you can afford to lose.
- Only invest in what you understand. Preferably, a product or mission that you love.
- Do your research. If you have questions, ask the founders.
- Diversify. It’s better to make multiple small investments rather than one large one. Plus, it’ll help you learn more.
- Look at other investors. Startup valuations can be hard to understand for a new investor. If the terms seem absurd, look to see if an experienced investor has also invested under them. If not, hold off.
- Be helpful. Try to be helpful after you invest. It’s more fun. Plus, being known as a helpful investor may eventually lead to getting invited to our upcoming VIP club.