1. Any and all investment contracts. Debt instruments, equity instruments – you name it.
In 1946, the Supreme Court defined a security as anything that meets these four criteria.
- It is an investment of money
- There is an expectation of profits from the investment
- The investment of money is in a common enterprise
- Any profit comes from the efforts of a promoter or third party
2. The opposite of insecurities – the physical features/personality features which you know make you wondrous.
Example sentence: The day I invested in SunSipz, I used a type of security called a SAFE and realized I am extremely secure in my ability to make others feel comfortable… I also have great earlobes. Securities abounding!