1. Someone with a net worth over $1M (minus their home) or who made $200K+ for the past 2 years and expects the same this year. $300K if joint with a spouse.
2. Someone who holds a Series 7, 65, or 82. You can test into these licenses!
3. A knowledgable employee of a fund.
4. Certain entities:
- a bank, insurance company, registered investment company, business development company, or small business investment company;
- an employee benefit plan if a bank, insurance company, or registered investment adviser is making the investment choices or the plan is worth over $5M (see the Employee Retirement Income Security Act);
- a charitable org, corporation, or partnership worth over $5M
- a director, executive, or general partner of the company selling the securities;
- a business whose equity owners are all accredited;
- a trust with assets over $5M.
Example sentence: Legend has it that when the Lead Investor for SunSipz officially got his status as an accredited investor years ago, he bought 50 containers of sliced mango – just because he could...