Got a question? We'd love to help!
Can't find what you're looking for?
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to FAQs
What kind of businesses can fundraise?
We accept nearly any type of company, be it a brick-and-mortar restaurant or a high-tech software startup, with a few exceptions. We cannot accept:
- Companies that do not have a concrete business plan, or whose primary business plan is to acquire other companies
- Companies that are disqualified by the “Investment Company Rule"
- Companies who are not formed in the United States or the District of Columbia
- Public companies
- Companies that are disqualified from selling securities under the SEC’s “bad actor provisions” and are disqualified from selling securities
- Companies that previously raised under Reg CF and have not complied with annual reporting requirements
- Companies in certain industries not supported by our banking partner, including cannabis, adult entertainment, gambling, banks, creation of virtual currencies, pawn brokers, and certain others