Got a question? We'd love to help!
Can't find what you're looking for?
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
How should I go about choosing a Lead Investor?
If you have multiple options for a Lead Investor, that's great! Here's how we recommend choosing, in this order of priority:
1. Are they smart and do they get your business? You want someone who groks your long-term vision.
2. Do you think they can offer good advice? When times get tough, it's good to be able to call on someone who has been there and done that. We think former founders often make the best seed investors.
3. Do you like them personally? Life is better if you follow the "no asshole" rule.
4. Do they have an audience on Wefunder? We just launched this, so it's early yet. But as time goes on, we expect certain Lead Investors to be followed by a large audience, and to invest when they do. You'll raise money faster if you pick a prestigious lead.
5. How strong of an endorsement will they give? This will appear on your Wefunder pitch in the "What People Say" tab. You want passion over lukewarm.