Got a question? We'd love to help!
Can't find what you're looking for?
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is qualified to be a Lead Investor?
We will almost always approve a Lead Investor that invests $20,000 or more on the same terms as other Wefunder investors, provided there is no conflict of interest or family ties.
If you recommend someone to be a Lead Investor, we will generally approve after a 10 minute interview based on if:
- They invest at least $1,000 in your company on the same terms as other Wefunder investors.
- They are not a family member.
- They are founder-friendly (as the best investors in Silicon Valley are), but also understand their fiduciary duty to the investors.
- They have enough basic sophistication to understand how venture financing works.
- They are willing to provide a quote (text or video) to Wefunder investors about why they have agreed to be the Lead Investor.