Got a question? We'd love to help!
Can't find what you're looking for?
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
How are companies sorted and highlighted on Wefunder?
Offerings displayed on the platform are sorted by objective metrics including page views, press mentions, Twitter followers, Facebook likes, investment velocity, number of Wefunder followers, endorsements, ratings by users, amount raised and/or pitch completeness. Our algorithms are not capable of making good investment decisions and our sorting of offerings does not constitute an investment recommendation.
We also highlight and advertise campaigns listed on Wefunder, including by building pages on our site based on distinct themes, sending emails to our users, and running social media campaigns. We select campaigns to be highlighted based on objective criteria, which we apply consistently to all companies on the platform – giving every company who meets the criteria the same shot to be featured.
Criteria we use to highlight and advertise companies include:
- Progress of campaign (amount raised)
- Industry or type of product
- Primary business channels (eg. business-to-business, direct-to-consumer)
- State / city of primary operation or of incorporation
- Founder's city or state of origin
- Company's or founder(s)' participation in accelerator, incubator, or similar programs
- Company's focus on social or environmental impact
- Gender of founder(s)
- Race or ethinicity of founder(s)
- Award(s) founder(s) have won
- Founder(s)' alma maters
- Having an upcoming webinar scheduled
- Doing a collaboration with another company that has raised or is raising on Wefunder
- Companies that Subject Matter Experts have invested in through our Champions Initiative
We do not highlight or advertise campaigns based on the advisability of investing, and our highlighting or advertising of a campaign does not constitute an investment recommendation or solicitation.