If you meet the qualifications for accreditation and would like to verify your status, you'll need to submit documentation that confirms your income or net worth. You can do this in your settings (www.wefunder.com/settings).
How can individuals qualify as accredited?
- Income over $200,000 per year for the last two years and expect to remain the same
- Income over $300,000 per year for the last two years if joint with a spouse
- Net worth over $1 million, excluding the primary residence
- Investment professionals in good standing holding the general securities representative license (Series 7), the investment adviser representative license (Series 65), or the private securities offerings representative license (Series 82).
How can entities qualify as accredited?
- Entities owning investments in excess of $5 million
- The following entities with assets in excess of $5 million: corporations, partnerships, LLCs, trusts, 501(c)(3) organizations, employee benefit plans, “family office,” and any “family client” of that office.
- Entities where all equity owners are accredited investors.
If you meet any of those qualifications and would like to verify your accredited status, we will need you to submit documentation confirming your income or net worth according to the criteria listed above.
What forms/documents are acceptable to prove accreditation?
*Just so you know, all documentation must have the investor's full name and date of the document.
- Letter from a lawyer, accountant, dealer-broker, or investment advisor indicating that they have seen the investor’s financials and can confirm that they meet the accreditation requirements.
- Tax forms like W-2s, 1099s, K-1s, etc.
- Certificates of deposit, tax assessment, or appraisals.
- Proof of license for Series 7, 65, or 82.
- If the investor is foreign and uploads foreign documents, you can convert the currency into USD to determine if they meet the threshold
You can upload these forms in your settings (www.wefunder.com/settings). Click the verify button for accreditation and upload. Our Investor Success team reviews these requests Monday-Friday. Please allow one business day for processing.